Thursday 11 August 2016

Shopping Galore

I had chipped my 19 cm plate and apparently this breeds bacteria and I have to buy a new plate. So I went to Ealing Broadway to find for such a plate. I found it in the first shop, TK Maxx, and bought a Jamie Oliver side kick plate for £2.99. The normal price of this plate is about £8. 


I will use this plate to turn over Spanish tortilla from my 20 cm frying pan. 

While there in TK Maxx, I saw a Kugelhopf Bundt baking tin for £19.99 and bought the bundt baking tin and this is my fifth Nordic Ware baking tin. This particular baking tin sells for 50 USD in the US and £36.95 at Divertimenti. 

I will use this bundt tin to bake a marble kungen and serve this German cake with delicious chocolate sauce. This bundt baking tin is a 10 cup size and hence I will use a six egg marble kungen recipe. 

Why do I like Nordic Ware bundt tins so much? The quality is really excellent and babka or Kugelhopf tins made in Europe cannot match Nordic Ware's quality. Nordic Ware baking tins are relatively heavier and conducts heat very efficiently and I bake at 10 C lower compared with other baking tins and cakes bake in these tins bake for a shorter period and the cake bakes evenly, thereby saving electricity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment